Please join us for a potluck dinner and planning meeting with the pastors!
Where and When -- At Caroline's house on Tuesday, July 8th, at 6pm.
At the last official meeting of the year on Sunday June 8th, a small group of us listed out possible projects/plans for 2008/2009. Since then, a couple of additional ideas have been added. See the list below. You may have other ideas that we need to hear about, too.
There are a lot of directions we could take with our El Salvador relationships this coming year, and all of that needs to be prioritized and discussed in relation to other things going on in other mission groups, CSC, and the wider congregation! So come ready to hear about the possibilities and bring your thoughts about where our energy should be directed.
Brainstorming list of ideas from the June meeting:
- Nora is interested in getting together a CBC youth delegation to El Salvador next year / summer
- Tessa is working on a dream to do a high school exchange at the Baptist school in Santa Ana next summer (she has the go ahead from the Kimberton Waldorf School to pursue this)
- Possiblity for CBC adults and young adults to participate in official election observer delegations in Jan and Mar 2009
- Ken Sehested's invitation for Ruth to attend the global peace conference in Rome in Feb 2009 and possibility of CBC funding that trip
- SHARE's new "Seeds of Hope" agricultural micro-lending fund, maybe "Empty Bowls" fundraising event
- SOA Watch events in Nov 2008, more education and advocacy re: SOA this fall using some of the resources brought back last year from that trip
- New Sanctuary Movement, film THE VISITOR proposed by Landi, Catholic Worker connections, etc.